Coops insurance was founded in January 1990 as a local insurance provider in Sutton, London. Covering all aspects of insurance, Coops began to grow and is now one of the most popular brokers of its kind.
Today we have access to a huge insurance market ranging from large composite insurers to wholesale insurers and specialist Lloyds insurers. We also have specialist insurance schemes in place that are not available on insurance comparison sites, have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of staff, and are regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
1. Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections. We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
• When we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
• When you visit our website;
• When you take out an insurance policy via us; and
• When you contact us for help
2. Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
• Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
• Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
• Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products or services;
• Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
• Verify your eligibility to credit facilities; and
• Transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion.
• Enforce our terms and conditions
• Insert any other processing which you pursue for your own legitimate business interests
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
3. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
• We may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf;
• We may provide your information to our service providers who perform functions on our behalf. Usually our service providers sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
• We may share your data with any parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, other entities under a common control or third party acquirers. We would direct these other entities will honor this Privacy Statement;
• We may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase and direct them to treat the data confidentially
• As required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
• Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
4. Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
• We have security deadlocks on front and back doors. CCTV cameras covering the front and back office which run 24hrs a day and a maintained and monitored central station Burglar Alarm activated when the premises are left empty.
• Only three members of Staff have keys to the office and Burglar Alarm Fobs. The server is password protected and kept in a cupboard out of sight. IT equipment is stored in a cupboard with a padlock.
• We have introduced a Clear Desk Policy and are working towards compliance with this policy.
• All of our filing cabinets are lockable.
• We have a Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Policy and have an annual Compliance Assessment for which we have a certificate to say that we are compliant. We have Data Security and Data Protection Policies in place which are reviewed annually and our staff are requested to log Refresher Training on these annually.
• Our systems have security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access.
We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since our website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
6. Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may, on occasion be stored and processed outside the UK in any other country in which our Company or agents maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
8. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
10. Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated on 24/04/18. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed
12. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our practices or have any concerns please contact our Privacy Officer Ian Reynolds at:
Address: 137, Church Hill Road, Sutton, London SM3 8NE
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 020 8641 3131